Study, Work, Live in Switzerland

Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in the world, with the highest nominal wealth per adult. Switzerland is situated in Western-Central Europe and consists of 26 cantons. It is a landlocked country divided between the Alps, Swiss Plateau and the Jura. It shares borders with France, Italy, Austria, Liechtenstein, and Germany. It has the eighth-highest per capita gross domestic product according to the International Monetary Fund.

Switzerland offers best civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development like many other developed countries.

What are the Options for Switzerland Migration?

There are many options and type of visas available for migrating to Switzerland that you can choose from based on your education, purpose, investment capacity and skills you possess. Some of the options to Migrate to Switzerland are as follows:

Short-term Swiss Visas

As Switzerland is a Schengen country, it’s possible to apply for a short-stay Schengen (C) visa which permits travel around the Schengen area for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.

  • Swiss Transit Visa: Some foreign nationals need an airport transit visa (known as a Schengen A visa) if traveling through Switzerland and catching a connecting flight.
  • Swiss Tourist/Visitor Visa: This Swiss visa permits you to enter Switzerland as a tourist or to visit family or friends for a period of 90 days within a 180-day period.
  • Business Visa: This is a visa for short-term business trips of 90 days or less. The processes and costs for this Swiss visa are the same as for the tourist visa.
  • Medical Visa: Swiss visa for short-term medical treatment in the Switzerland.
  • Swiss Visa for Cultural Events, Sport, Religious Events, or Film Shootings: This visa covers visits made by the likes of artists, sportspeople, and religious leaders to attend events, competitions or film shoots in Switzerland.
  • Official Visit Visa: Members of official delegations visiting Switzerland for an event or conference will need to apply for this Swiss visa.
  • Short-term Study Visa: This visa is issued to the students those who want to study in Switzerland for courses of 90 days or less, research carried out as part of a degree or PhD, training courses or seminars, including work-related training, internships of three months or less.

Non-immigrant Swiss Visas

All non-EU/EFTA nationals wanting to stay in Switzerland for longer than 90 days will need to get the necessary visa along with a residence permit. EU/EFTA citizens don’t need a visa for long stays, but they will need a residence permit. The long-stay visa for Schengen countries is the category D national visa. If you intend to come to Switzerland for a period of longer than three months but don’t plan to settle, for example, if you want to stay for a fixed period of time for work or study purposes, you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit.

  • Student Visas: Non-EU/EFTA nationals wanting to study long-term in Switzerland, such as those on degree or post-graduate courses, can apply for a Swiss student visa.
  • Temporary Worker Visas: Work visas are only granted in Switzerland to those who already have a job offer. You cannot come to Switzerland on another visa and then look for work. Temporary work visas are available for those employed in Switzerland on fixed-term contracts.
  • Non-immigrant Family Visas: If you want to come to Switzerland to stay with a partner or relatives for a limited period of time that is longer than three months, you will have to apply for a category D family reunion visa along with a temporary residence permit.

Immigrant Swiss Visas

If you plan on relocating to Switzerland or staying for an indefinite period of time, you will have to apply for the category D national visa in much the same way as if you were coming on a non-immigrant visa. Switzerland doesn’t generally offer permanent visas or permits to anyone unless they have been living in the country for 5-10 years.

  • Family Reunion Visas: Children and spouses/partners from non-EU/EFTA countries can join Swiss residents who have either a “C” permanent residence permit or Swiss citizenship using the family reunion visa. If the Swiss resident is from an EU/EFTA country, they can also be joined by parents and grandparents.
  • Work Visas: If you want to come and work in Switzerland as an employee, you have to secure a work contract before you can even enter the country.
  • Business Visas: Switzerland doesn’t offer visas for people to come and start their own Swiss business. In general, only permanent residents and citizens can work in the country in a self-employed capacity. However, there is an investment visa for entrepreneurs who are willing to pay an annual lump-sum taxation of between CHF 150,000 and 1 million. For getting an investor visa you must demonstrate that the business venture will create jobs and economic opportunities. The business investor visa will entitle you to get a Swiss permanent residence permit.
  • Retirement Visa: Non-EU/EFTA nationals can retire to Switzerland on the category D national visa if meet certain conditions.

Asylum-seekers and Refugees in Switzerland

Anyone can claim asylum in Switzerland. You can make an application at the border control of any Swiss airport or at one of the country’s federal asylum centers.

Residence & Citizenship in Switzerland

Every foreigner staying in Switzerland for longer than 90 days needs a residence permit. No non-EU/EFTA citizen has a right to residency, and each case is decided on individual circumstances. You have to apply to the local cantonal migration offices where you intend to live.

Types of Swiss Residence Permit

  • L Permit: This is a short-term residence permit and is issued as a biometric card. It is valid for one year and is non-renewable. This permit is typically linked to a specific job or study contract lasting no more than 12 months in total.
  • B Permit: This permit is a temporary residence permit issued as a biometric card and is valid for  up to 5 years and can be renewed if required. They are usually linked to a longer-term job or study contract and will usually require that the holder remains in the canton the application has been linked to.
  • C Permit: This is kind of settlement permit for permanent residence. Available after 5 years of continuous residence for EU/EFTA citizens and nationals of the US and Canada, and after 10 years of residence for other country’s nationals.
  • Ci Permit: This permit is issued to the relatives of workers of inter-governmental organizations and foreign embassies. This permit is valid for as long as the relative’s visa/permit is valid for.
  • N Permit: This permit is issued to the refugees those who want to apply for asylum in Switzerland.
  • F Permit: This permit is issued to asylum seekers those applications have been rejected but who can’t leave Switzerland for some reason. This is temporary permit and is usually issued for 3 months.
  • S Permit: This permit is also temporary and conditional and is issued to the people in need of protection like the refugees and asylum seekers.
  • G Permit: It is issued to cross-border commuters those who work in Switzerland but live in another country. This issued for 12 months and can be renewed annually if required. But this permit does not grant any residence rights to that person.

After 10 years of continuous residence, you can apply for full Swiss citizenship if you have a valid “C” permit. This can be done after 5 years if you qualify for simplified naturalization, for instance if you are married to a Swiss citizen.

Permanent Residency

This program allows individuals to obtain permanent residency & citizenship in Switzerland on the basis of their education, work experience and stay.

Study Visa

International students can apply to study in top-notch Swiss Universities and colleges and post study apply for work, live or start a business in Switzerland.

Business Migration

Switzerland offers permanent residency to people who want to set up a business or invest in a business based in Switzerland or start a new business in Switzerland.

Family Visa

Bring Your Family to Switzerland with Switzerland Family Visa

Tourist & Visitor Visa

Get professional help to get Switzerland Tourist & Visit Visas

Work Visa

Live, Work & Earn in Switzerland with Switzerland Work Visa

Why Migrate to Switzerland?

Switzerland as a country has a very long history and from hundreds of years a lot of migrants move to Switzerland because it offers various benefits to the migrants those who want to come to the country and settle, work, and live in there. There are various reason thousands of individuals choose to visit and Migrate to Switzerland every year.

Benefits of Switzerland Migration
  • Open Access to the Swiss Labor Market
  • Work as a Freelancer or Full-time Worker
  • Access to Swiss Education & Educational Grants
  • Buy Swiss Real Estate without Restrictions
  • Move Freely & Live Anywhere in Switzerland
  • Access to Swiss Welfare Benefits & Social Assistance

Why Choose Visa Ray (Us)?

We don’t call us a company, rather we can us a Team (Us). There is no day at Visa Ray when we don’t work either in the office or from our homes or wherever we are. We are always available to our clients even on the Christmas Eve. Most of our team is built with the migrants those who or their parents migrated for a better future and that’s what we promise and want for our clients. Every client is equal to us and we treat them as one of Us.

Experts Only

Visa Ray is comprised of specialists with years of experience into immigration that hail from various backgrounds like law firms, business advisory, student counsellors. As such, First Impressions will never assign second-tier support staff to any client account.

Our Professional Fee

Our fee is competitive and fair. There are no hidden or extra charges. We have no fancy offices and we don’t use phones to keep our expenses as low as possible and that’s why we offer the most competitive fee structure to our clients. Any unexpected or additional expenses must be pre-approved by you. That’s how we would like to be treated, and that is how we treat our clients.

Customer Satisfaction

We are highly confident in our promise to serve you better. Our focus is to build long term relationships with our customers, not simply a quick sale! That’s the reason most of our business is through our referral clients.

This is Our Bread & Butter

Client’s success is our main aim and focus. Immigration is our bread and butter. We have specialised in visa & immigration matters and concentrate in this field only, unlike many others who deal with all other types of business.