A France Passport Talent Card or Talent Passport visa is a France long-stay visa, that is introduced especially for foreigners who wish to enter and remain in France for up to one year, and engage in a paid activity, especially in competitive environments as global talent. It includes a whole range of 10 categories with an internationally recognized reputation.
After obtaining the talent passport visa, its holder is eligible to apply in France for a card similar to a residence permit that allows them to remain in France for up to four years.
The Passport Talent Visa is granted to individuals that are likely to make a significant or lasting contribution through their skills and talents in the development of French economy, as well as its culture, science, sports, directly or indirectly.
Who Needs a Passport Talent Card?
Your nationality is a determining factor whether you can apply for a Passport Talent in order to enter France and engage in a paid activity or not.
What Are the Passport Talent Categories?
Depending on your profession, and the activity in which you wish to engage in France, you might fall under one of the ten categories of the Passport Talent Card, which are listed below:
Skilled recent graduates
Employed as a qualified worker. Only young graduates with a master’s degree or equivalent, or advanced degrees (as BTS or DUT) are eligible for this type of visa. The applicant must have a professional license and at least one diploma equivalent to master to apply.
Employed by an innovative company. For young graduates with a master’s degree or equivalent, or advanced degrees (as BTS or DUT) who have been recruited by an innovative company, which is willing to pay them more than €35,526.40 per year.
Highly skilled workers – EU Blue Card (Carte Bleue européenne)
Only highly skilled workers with a diploma granted after 3 years of higher education or five years of comparable professional experience at least are eligible for the EU Blue Card. When applying for this visa you must also show the employment contract with at least one-year validity, and also prove you have been offered a gross annual income of at least € 53,836.50.
Employees on assignment with a work contract in France
For employees on a mission or who exercise a paid activity, at a company established at a foreign country, and who come to France in the context of mobility between the offices of the same company. These people need to have at least a seniority of 3 months in the group where they are employed, a work contract as well as a gross annual salary of €31,973.76.
For researchers, who have a diploma equivalent to a master’s degree at least, and come to France to carry out a research or to lecture at a university. Researchers need to show proof of their status as a researcher as well as per their purpose and duration of their stay in France.
Business founder – entrepreneur
For people who are in the business creation and authorized to carry a commercial activity, that can present a serious project of the creation of an industrial, commercial or artisanal company in France.
Innovative economic project
For people who have an innovative economic project, capable of proving it with supporting documentation. A public body must have recognized the project, before you apply for this visa.
For people who are interested to invest in a company in which they acquire at least 10% of the capital, or people who are willing to invest visa a company they direct personally or own at least 30% of the capital. People, who are capable of making an investment of at least € 300,000 in France and can prove that, can also apply for this visa.
Legal company representative
For people who need to enter France to oversee the legal affairs of another. The applicant must submit supporting documents to their personal situation.
Artists and Performers
For people who wish to enter and remain in France for more than three months, in order to engage in paid activity as artists/performers.
An internationally or nationally renowned person in their field
If you are a person famous and renowned in any field, and you wish to continue your activity in France, then you can apply for a Passport Talent under this category.
What Are the Required Documents to Apply for a Passport Talent?
If you have found out to which of the categories you belong, and you wish to apply for a Passport Talent Card in order to be able to settle in France for a time, then the first step to take in this direction is to gather the standard required documents for a Passport Talent:
- Application Form for a French Long Stay Visa. Make sure the information you submit in this form is correct.
- Two Photos. You should submit two photos alongside with the other documents. They must be no older than three months.
- Valid passport. You must have at least two blank pages in your passport in order to be able to put the visa sticker on it. The passport must have been issued within the last 10 years and valid for a minimum of 3 months after the end of your planned stay in France.
- Copies of older visas. If you have ever held any visa to any country in the world, submit copies of those visas.
- Travel Medical Insurance. You will need to provide proof that you have medical insurance that covers any health problems that you encounter while in France. It should cover not only France, but also the whole territory of Schengen with a minimum of €30,000.
- Complete Itinerary. A list of the things that you are planning to do while in France, including details how you are planning to reach France. Attach supporting documents as a Round Trip Flight, a railroad booking or a document of a booked organized tour (where transportation is included)
- Proof of financial means. The French authorities want to know how you will be financing yourself while in France.
- Proof of accommodation. Another very important document that you need to submit is proof where you will be staying in France. According to the purpose of your trip, at least one of the following should be submitted:
- Hotel or hostel reservations for the places to visit.
- Certificate of reception “Attestation d’accueil”, issued by the person to accommodate the visa candidate, stamped by the city hall (for private visits)
- Rental contract– “Bail de location” in France if you will be staying in a rented place.
- Certificate of title for a property in France,if you are the owner of a house/apartment in France.
- Certificate of criminal record of the home country– showing that candidate has no open crime case involvement
- Proof of paid visa fee.
Requirements for Skilled Recent Graduates
Skilled Recent Graduates must submit the following documents to apply for a Passport Talent:
- Copy of Diploma. Gained less than a year ago, minimum master or equivalent.
- Work contract. Valid for more than three months with an employer established in France, with an annual salary more than twice the minimum France wage.
- Annual Gross Remuneration certificate is at least equal to 2 times the French minimum wage.
- Any document showing the direct link between the applicant’s job and the company’s research and development goal.
- A document stating the status of being an innovative start-up company.
- Up to date “K-Bis” certificate – the equivalent of the French Company Registration.
- URSSAF Certificate that the company is up to date with its employees’ social taxes.
Requirements for Employees on a mission with a French work contract
- Work contract with a company based in France.
- Annual Income Certificate that shows you will have a salary that is over 1.8 times over the minimum French wage.
- Employment Certificate from the company based out of France with a validity of at least three months.
- Up to date “K-Bis” or K Certificate – K-Bis Certificate is the Equivalent of the French Company Registration.
- Social Security Certificate or Sworn Statement requiring registration to the French Social Security.
- Job description and any other relevant documentation such as qualifications.
- URSSAF Certificate that the company is up to date with its employees’ social taxes.
Requirements for business startups in France
- Copy of Diploma – master’s degree or equivalent, or proof of at least five years of professional experience in the same field.
- Evidence of sufficient income to create a start-up in France.
- Evidence that you will be investing at least EUR 30 thousand in your start-up.
- Documents that state the regulations compliance within the concerned activity field.
- Foreign National with an innovative economic project.
- Certa form.
- Any documents that describes the project and specifically shows how your project is innovating
- Proof that the project is supported by a public organization.
- Proof of financial resources.
Requirements for Economic/financial Investor
- Proof you will be investing at least 10% in a company, or evidence that the legal person already acquired 30% of the capital
- Sworn statement stating that the applicant will create or maintain employment in the 4 years following the investment
- Investment plan
- Proof that the applicant is capable of investing at least EUR 300,000.
Requirements for legal company representatives
- Proof that the applicant is a legal representative for a company established in France.
- Proof that the applicant receives an income of at least 3 times more than the minimum French wage.
- Work contract that shows the applicant will be working at least three years as an employee or corporate officer in an affiliate or company group establishment.
Requirements for Artists and Performers:
- Up to date “K-Bis” certificate – Equivalent of the French Company Registration.
- URSSAF certificate that the company is up to date with its employees’ taxes.
- If employed: work contract showing income of at least three months.
- If self-employed:
- evidence of status.
- description of the project in France.
- Evidence that the applicant has the financial resources and income with a monthly total equivalent to 70% of the minimum wage.
Requirements for persons nationally or internationally renowned in their field
- Portfolio providing full details of the project, as well as illustrating its relevance and interest to France and to the home country of the applicant
- Evidence of applicant’s fame or recognition by his/her pairs
- Evidence of sufficient financial means
- in case of paid employment:
- Certa form
- Up to date K-Bis certificate
- URSSAF Certificate that the company is up to date with its employees social taxes
France Passport Talent Validity
The Passport talent is valid for one year; however, it must be validated within the first three months of your arrival in France at the French Office of Immigration and Integration.
Whereas, if you wish to stay in France more than a year, you must request a residence permit at the Prefecture, which permits you to stay in France more than a year, up to four years.
Your Talent Passport Visa permits you not only to stay in France but also to travel throughout the whole Schengen Area without any restrictions. That means to travel in the Schengen countries you need not apply for any additional visa.
Need help in getting yourself a French Visa, do get in touch.